Tuesday, April 28, 2009

CLRN - Web Info Links (WIL's)


After completing my technology-enhanced lesson plan on line symmetry, I decided to take a look up this topic on CLRN's site. I find their site very easy to navigate, and I love that there at NO ads!!! After watching the informative tutorial on how to use WIL's (Web Info Links), I went to "test" out my topic. All I had to do what click "Browse" under the WIL's toolbar, and I was taken to a web-page that listed all subjects. After clicking on Mathematics, I was taken to a web-page that listed 14 "categories" in mathematics. One quick click on "Geometry" brought me to a web-page that listed 35 links, 2 of the links being line symmetry! How exciting!!! Here is a website that I wouldn't have found using Google  - and it is awesome!!!! 

http://www.adrianbruce.com/Symmetry/index.html

I am thankful that sites like CLRN exist, because too often I find myself sticking to Google....and there is so much more out there!!!!!

2 comments:

Student Thoughts said...

I also think CLN is a great site. No ads is indeed a refreshing change. I thought the links to Core Curriculum Content Standards was pretty nifty too. One of the benefits of this course has been to learn about sites besides Google! Thanks for your post.

Dr. Luongo said...

Todd,

CLRN is an amazing resource.

I am glad it has helped you.